Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Gig Review

Gander Gig Review June 19th

The reason I left my home to come here tonight was to hear “The Longest Day”, after stumbling upon their “My Space” page by chance, the songs that I heard there really impressed me. One of those songs was the opening track tonight “Utopia” which showed that this 3 piece packed a real punch with some great guitar work with stunningly good vocals. A cover of the Nirvana song “Breed” was thrown in midway through the set, a great version adding some variety, however with their own material being so good I would have preferred more of that. This sound deserves to be heard in a big place, it is atmospheric , inspiring and even making the hairs on the back on my neck stand up. The electronic backing tracks merged perfectly well with the drums and guitars giving a truly memorable listening experience. “Suit of Lies” for me was one of the stand out tracks of the night, with vocalist Dan Henry giving a very emotional performance despite their only being a dozen or so people in the audience. The Longest Day deserve to be heard my many more people, they are something very special.

No comments: